If this is your frizzy hair on most days, then you need to read this post.
Whether it’s the weather that’s making your hair go all crazy or for no reason, your hair is acting strange then you are also one among many of us who deals with frizzy hair. If these are your questions
- Why does my hair get frizzy?
- How can I manage frizzy, wavy hair and flyaways?
- What are the DOs and DON’ts for frizzy hair?
You will be getting answers to all your questions in this blog post.
Why does my hair get frizzy?
Let’s first read what makes our hair goes frizzy. Frizz is caused because of lack of moisture in your hair. When you have dry hair, and you go out in humid conditions. There is a lot of moisture outside and because your is dry, it tends to pull in all moisture from the outside and goes all pouf. There you say Hello, Unwanted frizz!
If you have naturally wavy or curly hair, then you already know that it has a tendency to be dry as well. Naturally, dry hair is prone to become frizzy too.
So now you would ask I get that dry hair is the reason for frizzy hair but how do I manage it. So here I am sharing tips to that helps in getting rid of frizzy hair.
How To Manage Frizzy Hair?
Choose Glycerin-packed Shampoo:
Choose a shampoo that has a high amount of glycerin. Glycerin penetrates into hair and works towards hydrating hair inside out. Glycerin is a great humectant. Humectant means a substance that is used to reduce the loss of moisture. By using a glycerin packed shampoo means you are creating a coat outside hair strands that prevents loss of moisture. It is a total win win. So look for a shampoo with glycerin.
2. Use Conditioners:
If you don’t use conditioners or haven’t started using it then you are making you go frizzy. By using conditioners you are giving moisture to the hair that is lost while using shampoo. Conditioners help in moisturizing and hydrating your hair to keep the frizz at bay. Use conditioners that has moisturizing components like glycerin and shea butter. Don’t use conditioner on your scalp as it may make it go oily.
3. Use a Hydrating Mask Once A Week:
Keeping your hair hydrated helps lock in the moisture. You can do an oil mask or specialized treatments for your hair that will keep hair moisturized. Look for coconut oil or castor oil ingredients in hair mask because they are known for giving amazing hydration. If you have these oils at home then just heat coconut oil and add in castor oil, mix it well and use it as a mask.
4. Use Serums or Oil:
After washing your hair use serum or light weight oil of your choice. By this, you are taking one more step towards giving the moisture and locking it in. Applying serum or oil also gives shine to hair and prevents from damage that may be caused by pollution or the sun.
Some Frizzy Hair DOs:
- Try using a towel to dry your hair when you are out of your shower. Using a cotton t-shirt would be still better than a harsh towel. To detangle your hair, start from the bottom moving towards the top. After towel drying, you can use round brush to blow dry and style your hair. The round brush helps in reducing the frizz.
- To tame your flyaways, use a hair wax or oil and apply it on your flyaways to set your hair. You can have it handy to smooth the frizzy hair and flyaways.
- Use satin pillows as they don’t absorb moisture and lets your hair be without frizz.
- You can also use leave in conditioners to keep your hair strands moisturized.
Frizzy Hair DON’Ts:
- Don’t ever brush your dry hair as it makes your hair go frizzy.
So these were some causes, tips, dos and don’ts for taking better care of frizzy hair and flyaways. Comment below how do you deal with frizzy hair? and what is your best tip to manage them?
Also you can read my hair care routine and steps I take to care for my hair here.